us

us

Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Vacation 2009

My brother Wil came home from his mission this last week and we were lucky enough to be able to go visit him and my family. He gave a very bold and inspiring talk at church about the Restoration of the Gosple of Jesus Christ. I loved it. My Sister, Debi, also spoke. I was so proud of both of them. It was a special meeting to be at. Joe and I also celebrated our 12 year anniversary. It was fun to be with my family for that. We went to dinner at Floridino's, our family favorite. For lunch Joe and I took the kids to the Rain Forest Cafe'. They loved the fish and animls, but they hid under the table when the rain storms came. I loved seeing my family even though it was a short visit.

Floridino's


Natalie was all over Uncle Wil. She snuggled him non-stop.


My Grandparents, Ray and Margaret Hooper.




After our time in Arizona we took a detour on our way home to the mountains of New Mexico. We stayed in Ruidoso for 3 nights. We had a lot of fun taking the kids fishing and doing what we do best, EATING! The kids swam in the creek near our cabin, built a fort out of sticks, and enjoyed all the exta time with Dad. The most memorable part of the trip was when we woke to the sounds of a bear trying to come through our front door at 4:00am. Joe scared him off with a few powerful yells. The next morning on my run there was a bear stuck in a dumpster.

We never did catch any fish,

but we had fun trying.

S'mors

and more s'mors.

2 comments:

Beckie R said...

Those are such good pictures. I printed out a few pictures for you from your visit. One of my favorites is when you were reading your poem to Joe. I'll try to get those in the mail. I want to redo one of them though. Mom

Wisconsin Watsons said...

I know I keep saying this...but you really do have such cute kids! I wish that I knew them better. I'm so glad that you blog, so that I can at least have some glimpse into their growing up. Take care! Love, Terri